Brain Cancer Risk Factors
Important Alert to Parents
Approximately 13,000 Americans died of brain cancer in 2009 and 22,000 more cases were reported.
People younger than 20 years old were found to have a higher chance of developing leukemia and brain tumors in this country.
In addition to genetic factors, brain tumor development may be influenced by the following:
- Dental x-rays. This is the most dangerous factor contributing to brain tumor development. Dental x-rays should be minimized or avoided when possible, especially in young children.
- Air Pollution. In studies, mice exposed to poor quality air showed mutations or changes in brain nerves in 3 months.
- Electromagnetic waves. Although not yet proven, cell phones may contribute to brain cancer risk. According to one study, using a cell phone for one hour daily can increase brain cancer rate by 2.5 times. Children’s risk is even greater because their skulls are thinner than adults. Children living within one/half mile of a highway or close to high voltage power lines have higher leukemia and brain cancer risk.
- HotDogs. Eating hotdogs can increase brain cancer risk, especially in children. HotDogs contain nitrites/nitrates as preservatives, which , when cooked, combine with amines naturally present in meat to form carcinogenic N-nitroso compounds. One 7 year long study evaluated children from birth to age 10. Those who ate more than 12 hotdogs per month have a 9 times higher risk of developing leukemia. A strong risk of leukemia also existed for those whose father ate more than 12 hotdogs per month. (Cancer Causes & Control 5: 195-202, 1994.) Another study found that children born to women who consumed hotdogs one or more times per week during pregnancy had double the risk of developing brain tumors. Children who ate hotdogs one or more times per week also had a higher risk for brain cancer. (Cancer Causes & Control 5:141-8, 1994).
- Microwaving Plastics. Many of us know that microwaving plastics is unhealthy, but may do it anyway.. The chemicals found in plastic leach into the food when it is heated. These chemicals are associated with liver cancer risk. Among pregnant women, this can increase brain cancer risk.
Many of our readers and subscribers already know the dangers of nitrites/nitrates in hotdogs and also microwaving our foods in plastic, but this information, condensed from an article by Dr. Chi, drives home the point of the possible future effects of these toxins on our children and grandchildren.
Dr. Chi has herbal product recommendations as part of his cancer protocol and they include the following:
An angiogenesis inhibitor, studies show it inhibits new blood vessel formation
Studies show it inhibits uncontrolled cell replication.
Contains asparaginase and asparagoside for leukemia, lymphoma, etc.
Reishi Spore Extract
Blocks uncontrolled cell replication and is an immune system enhancer.
Add to the protocol for any estrogen or hormone related cancers.
For info on these products, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-775-7689
Jan Fowler is a teacher, a student, and an author of health related articles. You can sign up for a free E report by visiting www.chi-analysis.com.