Do you have symptoms of estrogen dominance?
Estrogen is a naturally occurring hormone in the human body. It is essential to both women and men and is natural as a reproductive hormone. Estrogen’s primary role is the development of female characteristics. However, many of us have estrogen dominance symptoms to be aware of.
Estrogen is also an important hormone in women of child bearing age. It maintains bone strength and plays a role in cell activity, signaling cells to divide and multiply.
However in today’s incredibly toxic world, our bodies are assaulted every day by environmental toxins.
What are the symptoms of estrogen dominance?
Symptoms of estrogen dominance are:
1. Red dots on the tongue
2. Cherry angiomas on the torso. (Raised strawberry red dots)
3. White spots on the nail
4. Any of the below ailments can be tied to estrogen dominance
Are you one of the many that need an estrogen blocker?
Due to the alarming increase in rates of endometriosis, cysts, fibroids and estrogen related cancers, such as breast, ovarian, uterine and prostate cancers, researchers began studying possible causes. What they discovered was disturbing.
They learned that certain chemicals in the environment exhibit estrogen-like qualities and can send bogus signals to the system. These estrogen hormones are substances or chemical compounds that are foreign to the human body and they mimic the effect of hormones. These then act like estrogen and hence are called xenoestrogens. When xenoestrogens enter the body, they attach to receptors just like estrogen and disrupt endocrine functions. In addition to causing cancer, these xenoestrogens also interfere with reproductive abilities of various species.
If you have symptoms of estrogen dominance, take note of some of these chemicals to avoid:
1. DDT and PCBs have been banned for their estrogen mimicking characteristics. Dr. Mary Wolff at Mt. Sinai, School of Medicine, NY in 1993, found that women with breast cancer had “significantly higher concentrations of DDT in their blood than women without breast cancer.”
2. Pthalates , chemicals used in plasticizers pose ever greater damage because they can leach from plastic containers. Styrofoam trays, plastic toys and even medical supplies can contain Pthalates. Pthalates are proven to cause BPH or prostate enlargement and increased growth of breast cancer cells. Another compound, bisphenol ( BPA) has been found to leach out of the coatings inside aluminum drink cans. BPA causes increased growth of breast cancer cells.
3. Heavy metals like cadmium are also considered environmental hormones. Lead and cadmium used in agricultural lands have shown increased endometriosis rates in 3 counties in China.
Some studies show an increased risk for prostate cancer or testicular cancer in men who are farmers or have been exposed to Cadmium while making batteries, welding or electroplating.
The dangers these pseudo-estrogens pose on both men’s and women’s health are of great concern to all of us.
What can we do about estrogen dominance?
1. Take steps to help rid our bodies of heavy metals. Try Metal Flush, a Chi-Analysis product that cleanses heavy metals.
3. More importantly, to combat the effects of this common condition of estrogen dominance, Myomin is an estrogen blocker that blocks the conversion of other hormones to estrogen. Many doctors familiar with Myomin recommend it as an estrogen blocker for all adults and children exposed to xenoestrogens.
Jan Fowler is an author and teacher of alternative medicine and is associated with www.chi-analysis.com, a retailer of Chi products. For more tips on how to avoid estrogen dominance, click here. Email email@example.com or call 1-888-775-7689.