Health Tips To Avoid Estrogen Dominance For Men and Women
As one who has always been interested in the science of why people get sick, it appears that many doctors now agree that our polluted world causes many debilitating diseases.
The number one problem that Dr Chi sees as he travels the world providing Fingernail and Tongue Analysis is estrogen dominance.
This is common in men, women and children and can be a precursor to illnesses such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, BPH, stroke, ovarian cancer, cysts, tumors, fibroids, endometriosis, lupus, thyroid issues, colon polyps, belly fat, and more.
Estrogen plays an important role in reproductive processes, but excessive amounts of estrogen can lead to serious illnesses.
We get excess estrogen from environmental toxins that are called xenoestrogens, or estrogen mimicking compounds, such as plastics and pesticides.
Hormone additives in chicken and beef to make the animals fatter for the market are also estrogen mimicking compounds.
Phthalates, a plasticizer that causes plastics to be flexible, sturdy or transparent, are in shampoos, cosmetics, plastic bottles, paints, and pesticides. They are a reason for our abdominal obesity epidemic. Fortunately, phthalates are recently being phased out in Europe and the US for children’s toys and child care articles.
Congress enacted the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act in 2008, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pthalates), which restricts the manufacture or sale of child care articles containing phthalates, but they are in many other products as well.
Many people are not aware of this tremendous health issue affecting women, men, and children and I fear what kind of future our young people have who will have a lifetime of this exposure.
How do you know you have estrogen dominance based on the Fingernail and Tongue Analysis Method?
- Cherry angiomas on the torso that then spread to other areas of the body indicate too much estrogen. Cherry angiomas are strawberry colored raised dots on the skin.
- Red dots on the tongue, primarily on the sides and back of the tongue indicate excessive estrogen.
- Lack of moons (lunalae) on the three middle fingers of each hand, signify lack of cellular oxygen which can be as a result of estrogen dominance.
What can we do to limit our exposure to these estrogens?
- When possible, purchase only hormone free chicken and beef from your grocery or health food store.
- Limit your restaurant meals to also avoid hormones in the beef and chicken.
- Only purchase organic vegetables and fruits, when possible. Grow your own organic vegetables in your garden or earthboxes on your patio. It is a very inexpensive way to provide organic food for your family.
- Add fiber to your diet. Excess estrogen is excreted in the bowel. If constipated, the estrogen is reabsorbed into the body.
- Don’t use plastic tableware or dishes for your family, especially your children.
- Please make sure your baby does not drink from a baby bottle made with BPA. BPA free bottles are widely available now.
- Don’t refill a plastic water bottle. Stainless steel water bottles are available that can be filled with filtered water from the tap.
- It can be very harmful to put plastic in the microwave. The plastic will leach into your food at high heat. In fact, it is wise to limit the use of the microwave altogether.
Myomin is a natural herbal supplement helps maintain healthy hormone balances.
View the Myomin page to order or read more details.
Jan Fowler studies alternative medicine and supplements. She is an author and associated with Chi-Analysis, an authorized supplier of Chi products.